When was the last time you performed a random act of kindness? Kindness is one of the most underrated virtues around. Please help spread some wherever you are today and every day.
Below is a selection of some of our favourite quotes about kindness. Share yours with us in the comments below.
– “Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoundness. Kindness in giving creates love.” – Lao Tzu, Ancient Chinese philosopher, author of the Tao Te Ching (d. 531 BCE)
– “No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.” – Aesop, Ancient Greek storyteller (d. 564 BCE)
– “Tenderness and kindness are not signs of weakness and despair, but manifestations of strength and resolution.” – Khalil Gibran, Lebanese-American artist, poet and writer (1883-1931)
– “It is a bit embarrassing to have been concerned with the human problem all one’s life and find at the end that one has no more to offer by way of advice than ‘Try to be a little kinder’.” – Aldous Huxley, English writer, novelist, philosopher (1894-1963)
– “Beginning today, treat everyone you meet as if they were going to be dead by midnight. Extend to them all the care, kindness and understanding you can muster, and do it with no thought of any reward. Your life will never be the same again.” – Og Mandino, American Author (1923-1996)
– “For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.” – Audrey Hepburn, British Actress (1929-1993)
– “Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you.” – Diana, Princess of Wales (1961-1997)
– “The end result of kindness is that it draws people to you.” – Anita Roddick, British businesswoman, founder of The Body Shop (1942-2007)
– “When you treat yourself with the kindness and high regard that you would give to one of your spiritual heroes, your body becomes the epicenter of quiet joy rather than a battlefield for the ego.” – Debbie Ford, American self-help author, coach, lecturer and teacher (1955-2013)
– “My religion is simple. My religion is kindness.” – Tenzin Gyatso, 14th Dalai Lama (b. 1935)